How do you fit in?
Employees perform fully qualified level work requiring a full knowledge of departmental procedure, as well as judgment and initiative related to the job duties. This is varied and moderately difficult clerical work. Duties may include basic researching, reconciling, summarizing, tracking, reviewing and updating information from a variety of sources, preparing reports, tables or special studies, and maintenance and retrieval of records. Within parameters initiates or carries out corrective action. Provides or obtains information from a variety of external and internal contacts which may include basic research, review and resolving of problems within the scope of the job. Work may involve advanced computer skills including spreadsheet and database creation and maintenance. Employees may provide guidance and training on particular functions to more junior levels.
What you’ll be doing:
• Preparing and compiling various daily/weekly/monthly reports, charts and tables. Researching, processing, summarizing and transcribing information/data, and verifying for accuracy and completion. Initiate or carry out any required corrective action and perform straightforward analyses. Prepare, issue, process and record financial data/paper/transactions for the company unit
• Compiling, verifying, recording, tracking, reconciling and processing a variety of schedules, charges, forms and documents, including invoices. Verifying and assisting managers and supervisors with the preparation of budgets and monthly deviation reports
• Maintaining and updating databases and spreadsheets and developing or assisting with the development of new or modified databases and spreadsheets. May perform limited payroll preparation and purchase supplies
• Providing information to internal and external customers regarding such things as work schedules, appointments, and related procedures or policies, by referring to a variety of information sources. May set up a variety of customer appointments to schedule appointments, and handle or refer complaints
• Composing and proofreading to produce professional documentation for review and authorization by a supervisor
• Responsible for verifying and assisting in the maintenance of processes, systems or applications that may include acting as the company resource and providing user training
• Providing various system controls, cash controls and account or invoice reconciliation and ensuring schedules are followed. Trained and experienced in all cost recording platforms, able to run and interpret reports and follow through on potential issues or actions.
• Accumulate and compile time-keeping information, trained and experienced in time tracking platforms, able to interpret data and liaise with team members and HR to resolve issues.
• Schedule, facilitate and document internal and external meetings. Produce agendas, mediate discussions to use time efficiently, and produce high quality meeting records complete with notes and actions
All duties and responsibilities will be performed in accordance with established health, safety and environmental principles, corporate policies, practices and procedures and applicable government legislation.
What you must have:
• Completion of Grade XII.
• 2 - 3 years of related experience.
• Completion of a related post-secondary diploma or courses leading to a diploma OR five (5) or more years of related experience
Where you’ll be working:
This position in located near Fort McMurray, AB in our Muskeg River Cogeneration facility.
Ready to join our team?
To apply, please submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by emailing Careers@heartlandgeneration.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be chosen.
This position is administered under the CEWA Job Posting provisions
If you would like to be a power player who can contribute to the spirit of a forward thinking, proactive, agile and professional team that puts customers first. Learn more about what joining the Heartland Generation team could look like for you!
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Heartland Generation team is always expanding. We’re looking for power players who share our values and can contribute to the spirit of a forward thinking, proactive, agile and professional team that puts customers first. Learn more about what joining our team could look like for you.
As we begin to shape the Heartland Generation story, we embrace our roots and are inspired to create a dynamic, fresh company. Looking forward, we will build on our foundation of operational excellence as we define our unique place within Canada’s energy markets.
As a group of passionate team members, we provide safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers. With integrity, agility and a deep dedication to building trust, we’re here to power and empower the lives of our team, our customers and the communities where we live and work.